We should like to remind parents that our school last year introduced an ethically manufactured school uniform option, made with Fairtrade Cotton by Koolskools (see below). Feedback from parents so far has been very positive about the quality of the new Fairtrade uniform.
WHY FAIRTRADE COTTON SCHOOL UNIFORM?
1. There is no difference in quality between Fairtrade cotton and normal cotton. Fairtrade cotton means that we can be sure that the farmers who grow the cotton receive a fair and sustainable payment for their crop. Their communities also receive a premium for projects such as building schools, hospitals, access to clean water and so on.
2. Being “Fairtrade Cotton Certified” means that all parts of the manufacturing process of the Fairtrade cotton garments have been inspected and audited. The factories are signed up to Fairtrade Minimum Standards, designed to ensure that practices such as child labour and enforced overtime/long working hours don’t exist.
1. Based in Southampton, over the past 5 years Koolskools have built an internationally renowned ethical clothing company, and are now working with schools all over the UK.
2. Koolskools is the only school uniform provider in the UK offering a complete range of garments made with Fairtrade cotton. Our research has proved that they offer quality and value-for-money garments which are all double stitched, easy iron, and durable 50% cotton/50% polyester mix.
3. Koolskools also work with schools all over the UK offering presentations to children of all ages about ethical and fair trading. The idea is that if the school embraces school uniform made with Fairtrade cotton, then our students are given the opportunity to learn all about the ethical trading story behind it.
HOW TO ORDER
Go to the St John’s school page in the “Buy Fairtrade Uniform” section of the Koolskools website on the following link – https://www.koolskools.co.uk/product-category/st-johns-primary-school-edinburgh/ – and place your order.
There will be a flat delivery charge of £3.50, whether you order just one or multiple garments.
Orders will take a maximum of 7 working days (15 days during the busy June to September period) to turn around, from the date of order placement.