Welcome to the Parent council. On this page you can find out who we are, what the role of the parent council is, when meetings are and how you can get in touch and get involved.
Who we are:
Chair: Rosie O’Halloran contact email
Secretary: Kate Orton-Johnson contact email
Treasurer: Colm Fitzgerald contact email
Events and fundraising: Claire Barrett contact email
The role of the parent council
The parent council helps parents and carers be involved in their children’s learning. The role of the parent council is to:
- Help the school in its work with pupils
- Take account of the views of parents and discuss these with the head teacher and the council
- Take part in appointing promoted staff
- Encourage links between the school, parents and carers, pupils, pre-school groups and the community
- Support the school in developing home and school partnerships
- Make use of the skills, knowledge and experience that parents can offer
More details on the role of the parent council can be found on the Edinburgh Council Webpages.
Parent Council Meeting Dates
Meetings are currently taking place on Microsoft teams. Minutes of previous meetings are available on the website under the parent council news link.
Agenda items should be forwarded to the Secretary (Kate firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 7 days before the meeting.
Stay in Touch
We use classlist for Parent council communications:St-Johns-QR-Classlist-Code
Please join our Facebook group to keep in touch
How you can get involved
All parents and carers of children at the school are more than welcome to join the parent council. You can attend meetings to find out what is going on, what planning is taking place and the ways you can get involved with the school and the activities run by the parent council. We are always looking for helpers and volunteers and we would welcome new parents.