Fairtrade Cotton School Uniform
We should like to remind parents that last year we introduced an ethically manufactured school uniform option made with Fairtrade Cotton that can be ordered online from Koolskools (see below).
WHY FAIRTRADE COTTON SCHOOL UNIFORM?
1. There is no difference in quality between Fairtrade cotton and normal cotton. Fairtrade cotton means that we can be sure that the farmers who grow the cotton receive a fair and sustainable payment for their crop. Their communities also receive a premium for projects such as building schools, hospitals, access to clean water and so on.
2. Being “Fairtrade Cotton Certified” means that all parts of the manufacturing process of the Fairtrade cotton garments have been inspected and audited. The factories are signed up to Fairtrade Minimum Standards, designed to ensure that practices such as child labour and enforced overtime/long working hours don’t exist.
1. Over the past 6 years Koolskools have built an internationally renowned ethical clothing company, and are working with schools all over the UK.
2. Koolskools is the only school uniform provider in the UK offering a complete range of garments made with Fairtrade cotton. Our research has proved that they offer quality and value-for-money garments which are all double stitched, easy iron, and durable 50% cotton/50% polyester mix.
3. Koolskools also work with all their client schools in offering presentations to children of all ages about ethical and fair trading. The idea is that if the school embraces school uniform made with Fairtrade cotton, then our students are given the opportunity to learn all about the ethical trading story behind it.
HOW TO ORDER
So all parents can order school logo’ed Fairtrade uniform online at:
Go to the St John’s buying page on the Koolskools website on the following link – https://www.koolskools.co.uk/product-category/st-johns-primary-school-edinburgh/ – and place your order.
There will be a flat delivery charge of £3.50, whether you order just one or multiple garments.
Orders will take a maximum of 10 working days to turn around (15 days between June and September), from the date of order placement.
Poster for Schools 2 Existing