A statement from Willie French, Royal High Primary school headteacher and EPSSA President.
“I take this opportunity to thank all member schools who participated in the EPSSA football tournaments this school session; the Inspectors’ Cup, the EPSSA Cup and the School Board Cup.
It is encouraging that so many school compete in these tournaments and a special thank you must be offered to the parents who volunteer to coach and organise the teams.
Our finals night on Wednesday, 15th June 2016, was a great success as always. Despite the wet and quite miserable conditions, a large crowd was in attendance providing enthusiastic support for the finalists.
Congratulations to the following schools:
Winners – Erskine Stewart’s Melville Schools
Runner Up – Duddingston
Winners – Nether Currie
Runner Up – Roseburn
School Board Cup
Winners – St. John’s
Runner Up – Cramond
The players were thrilled to receive their medals and trophy from Billy King of Heart of Midlothian who spent the second half of last season on loan with Glasgow Rangers. My sincere thanks to Billy for committing his time and for presenting the players and providing an excellent role model.
I must also thank the following people for their help and support without which the tournaments would not be successful:
• Lynne Crawford, Sports Unit who undertakes our admin.
• Beth Walker, PE Specialist and EPSSA Technical Officer.
• Greg Dimeck, Head Teacher Gracemount Primary School who organises the Inspectors’ Cup
• Pam Livingstone, Soccer Sevens for putting teams together to set up the pitches
• Euan Morrice, Scott Livingstone, Danny, Lizzie and others in Pam’s team
A great team effort.”
Head Teacher (& EPSSA President)