- Register: Absent/apologies: None
- Eco Code: Ms Mitchell showed the group the eco codes that have been handed in so far. A few people still have one to hand in so we will decide on one to be our main eco code next time.
- Earth Hour 2019: The group discussed our promises for Earth Hour 2019, based around plastic pollution, wildlife, climate change or food system. There is a competition to design a poster to go in bus shelters before Earth Hour which closes at the end of the week. The reps all got a copy of the criteria, and anyone wishing to enter must hand their entry in as soon as possible.
- Eco Initiatives for the School: We looked at a letter we received from a company called ‘Eco-Ties’ who make school ties out of recycled plastic. We are not sure how much the ties will cost but have decided we will contact the company and get a quote. Hannah and Gabriella also talked about an initiative encouraging schools to recycle batteries, which the school is going to get involved in.
- Badges: The group asked about having Eco Group badges. Gabriella suggested they make their own, and the group voted to do that rather than have Ms Mitchell make them. We will do this during the next meeting.
- Ideas from the reps: Some reps shared some ideas for fundraising and raising awareness. We thought about organising green nose day and having a dance off, we will have a think about these ideas and discuss during the next meeting.
- Environmental Review: Ms Mitchell handed the reps in each class a section of the environmental review to complete before the next meeting. They will need to look around the school and might need to speak to staff and pupils to find out information. This will help us to write our action plan for the next couple of years.
- Photographs were taken of the reps to go on the Eco board, which will be created downstairs opposite the GP room to display our work and eco code.
Next meeting will be on 19th February 2019.