Tuesday 19th February 2019
- Register: Absent/apologies: Ishaa, Ellen
- Eco Code: The group reviewed the eco codes that various members of the group had created. We agreed that they were all fantastic but after a close vote it was decided that Oona from P4’s poster was the one we wanted to have as our code. Ms Mitchell is going to copy and laminate it so that it can be displayed around the school.
- Environmental Review: We looked at the environmental review that the reps had completed. We were really proud of the school’s scores for healthy living and global citizenship, but think we need to work more on litter, waste and the school grounds. These will be our focuses for the next couple of years.
- Big Battery Hunt: We have now received a battery collection bin, which will be kept in reception. We have also handed out mini boxes for every family in the school to take home and fill up with batteries. This will save them all going into landfill and damaging the environment, so please bring in all used batteries! Thank you to Gabriela and Hannah for suggesting we get involved. Find more information here.
- Badges: The group asked about having Eco Group badges. Gabriella suggested they make their own, and the group voted to do that rather than have Ms Mitchell make them. We will do this during the next meeting.
- Action Plan: We need to create an action plan based on the topics we’re focusing on this year. We will display this on our new eco board – can all reps try to think of a creative way we could display our plans?
Next meeting will be on 19th March 2019.